Judy had surgery last Friday to replace the lens in her right eye which had become increasingly cloudy. It was complicated by the fact that there had also been some deterioration in the cornea starting several years ago. So there was some doubt as to whether they would go ahead with the cataract surgery due to the increased risk (the cornea has an important role to play in helping the eye to recover). We are waiting to see how effective the lens replacement has been. We have a regime of two different kinds of eye drops, four times a day.
Hewers of Wood
Why Hewers of wood? When Joshua was moving Canaanites out of the promised land so that the Israelites could settle there, some Gibeonites tricked him into making a non-agression treaty with them, by pretending they had come from far away and were not locals. When Joshua discovered the deception, he protected their lives but made them servants, "hewers of wood and drawers of water" for God's sanctuary.
As Hewers today, we want to serve the people of God, principally by making his Word, the Bible, available to the Kasena of Ghana in their own language.
- Last tweet from our home in Thame. Removals team almost finished loading. Gateshead here we come! God is already there! Philip 1 year ago
- Just came across a Kasem proverb I don't remember seeing before: One doesn't throw cow-dung at a cow. Like not taking coals to Newcastle? Philip 1 year ago
- Just had an offer accepted on a house purchase in Gateshead. Sale of our house in Thame going through. All change, but God has gone before. Philip 1 year ago
- Successful launch today of the Kasem Bible, held at the Roman Catholic Basilica Navrongo. Now selling at 20 Ghana Cedis. @Bolga_Ghana Philip 2 years ago
- Celebration of launch of Kasem Bible in Chiana today, in Navrongo on Saturday. God's Word for the Kasena! @wycliffeuk @Bolga_Ghana Philip 2 years ago