Judy went back to the Eye Hospital at the John Radcliffe hospital in Oxford yesterday to check on recovery of her eye from the cataract surgery 5 weeks ago. Basically good news. Once she gets new glasses, her vision should be much improved. The surgery has effectively caused an astigmatism in the eye, so she needs a lens that will correct that. They are not going to operate on the other eye for the time being. Thank you for praying.
Hewers of Wood
Why Hewers of wood? When Joshua was moving Canaanites out of the promised land so that the Israelites could settle there, some Gibeonites tricked him into making a non-agression treaty with them, by pretending they had come from far away and were not locals. When Joshua discovered the deception, he protected their lives but made them servants, "hewers of wood and drawers of water" for God's sanctuary.
As Hewers today, we want to serve the people of God, principally by making his Word, the Bible, available to the Kasena of Ghana in their own language.
- Last tweet from our home in Thame. Removals team almost finished loading. Gateshead here we come! God is already there! Philip 1 year ago
- Just came across a Kasem proverb I don't remember seeing before: One doesn't throw cow-dung at a cow. Like not taking coals to Newcastle? Philip 1 year ago
- Just had an offer accepted on a house purchase in Gateshead. Sale of our house in Thame going through. All change, but God has gone before. Philip 1 year ago
- Successful launch today of the Kasem Bible, held at the Roman Catholic Basilica Navrongo. Now selling at 20 Ghana Cedis. @Bolga_Ghana Philip 2 years ago
- Celebration of launch of Kasem Bible in Chiana today, in Navrongo on Saturday. God's Word for the Kasena! @wycliffeuk @Bolga_Ghana Philip 2 years ago