This site is no longer being updated (as you may have noticed). Please move over to the current site here. All the Bible translation posts from this site have been transferred to the new site. Please update your browser bookmark and comment on the new site so we know you are still there!
Hewers of Wood
Why Hewers of wood? When Joshua was moving Canaanites out of the promised land so that the Israelites could settle there, some Gibeonites tricked him into making a non-agression treaty with them, by pretending they had come from far away and were not locals. When Joshua discovered the deception, he protected their lives but made them servants, "hewers of wood and drawers of water" for God's sanctuary.
As Hewers today, we want to serve the people of God, principally by making his Word, the Bible, available to the Kasena of Ghana in their own language.
- Interesting statement from the @BBC : "Apologies for the use of language during that discussion." What else might t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… Philip 1 month ago
- This lizard met us on a walk beside the River Derwent in Gateshead today. Any ideas? Must be an escapee. It came to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… Philip 4 months ago
- Working for @MissionAssist1 for 2 or 3 days a week on editing the EasyEnglish Bible. The NT is now available on… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… Philip 4 months ago
- The Bible can reach into places we may never hear about ... twitter.com/wycliffeuk/sta… Philip 5 months ago
- What are you waiting for? Great Exhibition of the North is OPEN for 80 unforgettable days of art design & innovation thndr.me/ylwesk Philip 7 months ago